Makes 8 little pots – to eat and to freeze
1. Finely chop the carrot, onion, garlic and sauté in the oil until soft. Set aside.
2. In the same pan add the mince one third at a time, fork it down, and discard any excess fat.
3. Return the carrot, onion, garlic to the pan and season lightly. Add 1 tbsp of plain flour and mix thoroughly.
4. Add the stock cube to 100ml of hot water and add to the pan.
5. Add the tomatoes, thyme, bay leaves and simmer gently for 40 minutes (until the excess liquid has boiled down).
6. Add the frozen spinach and cook for another 5 minutes.
7. To make the mash, chop the potatoes into small chunks and boil in seasoned water until tender. Drain. Add the butter and cream and leave for 5 minutes before mashing.
8. Fill each of our colourful Pots with mince up until the line, and spoon the mash on top (with grated cheddar if you wish).
9. Bake for 25 minutes until the top is crusty and golden.
- 450g lean mince
- 1 large carrot
- 2 medium onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 200g frozen spinach
- A pinch of fresh thyme
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 Knorr beef stockpot
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- Salt and pepper
- 100ml water
- Cooking oil (grapeseed / groundnut oil if you have it)
- 900g Maris Piper potatoes
- 50g butter
- 50ml milk/cream